How to sit properly
- Sit at your computer desk.
- Check your eye line to your computer screen. It should be directly in front of you and slightly above. (Laptops will definitely need to be propped up)
- Check your chair. Your feet should be flat on the floor while your knees fall at a 90-degree angle from your hips and ankles. Adjust where necessary.
- Once you are aligned properly then sit up tall with your ribs over your pelvis. Use your abdominals to support your new improved posture. If you slouch into your lower back, engage your abdominals to bring your hips/pelvis under your ribs.
- Note: it will take time and practice to create the body knowledge and strength to support proper sitting long term.
- Keep practicing when you notice you are slouching.